Lesia Zgharda Stamps Design Team Call

Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Today I have a bit of a different post than usual. It's an application for a Design Team position with Lesia Zgharda Stamps. I recently discovered LZ Stamps on Instagram and enjoyed looking through the account to see the variety of stamps available. When I saw their Daffodils (my favourite flower) Constructor set, I rushed to the shop to check things out and ended up ordering a few stamp sets. I was especially delighted to see the low cost of international shipping - just $3US! That was a huge selling point for me. The costs of the stamps themselves are more than reasonable too.


As part of the DT application, we are asked to share why we'd like to design for Lesia Zgharda Stamps. My first reason is a bit selfish... I miss being on a stamping design team and miss the friendships, inspiration from others and the joy and excitement that comes from being part of releases and promoting new (and established) products. I also like the "push" that I get to take time for myself, especially in this busy and stressful world. I'm a very responsible person who takes deadlines very seriously, so knowing that others are counting on me is a huge motivator to get inky! This makes "me" time a scheduled and prioritized time in my life. Also, with the short time I've been connected with LZ Stamps, communication has been positive and friendly. The store is well organized and the products are images and sentiments that I would use and promote. I'm active on my blog and on social media and love to share my creations online. I'm an optimistic and creative person who loves to travel and experience new cultures too - so being part of an international team is particularly appealing for me.

Here are five projects that I've created within the past five months that showcase some of my stamping techniques and styles.

Project #1: Hang in There
This project showcases the stamping and alcohol ink colouring of an image. I also stamped the sentiment on the clouds and created the shrubbery background using distress ink and distress oxide ink with "smooshing" and going over the background with leaf stamps to add to the effect.


Project #2: Never Stop Believing You are Awesome
This project showcases a background created with stamped stars which were heat-embossed with glitter embossing powder before inking my panel with distress inks. I stamped and coloured the unicorn with alcohol inks and also heat-embossed the stamped sentiment.



Project#3: Love You Mum
For this project, I heat-embossed the stamped image before colouring it in with watercolours and a brush. The sentiment is also stamped.


Project #4: Happy Fishy Wishes
With shakers and action cards being all the rage, I thought I should include one with my application! This card contains a few stamped images, coloured with alcohol markers, arranged to make a little shaker scene. I'm also including this card as the original post shows an example of my enthusiasm for taking part of a new release while guest designing for Your Next Stamp.



Project #5: Sending Love
This project demonstrates my ability to mask as I had to do a LOT of masking to create my stamped envelope background. The images were also stamped and coloured with alcohol markers and I heat embossed my stamped sentiment.



Thanks for reading through my application. Whether or not I'm selected for the Lesia Zgharda Stamps design team, you'll be seeing my daffodil card created with LZ Stamps in the near future!

Please see my right-hand menu bar for links to my social media accounts. I am especially active with Instagram and Pinterest.

4 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You so should be on the DT, I love your work always so "clean" and gorgeous. Good Luck, I look forward to seeing your daffodil card as I too LOVE daffodils.
Faith
x

Judy Williams said...

I've just found your blog by way of the Flora and Fauna blog, and I love what you do with the stamps from these smaller companies! I adore many of the big companies, but given the choice, I would much rather buy from companies that are just setting out, or are just from a small home industry. You have submitted a great set of pictures to be on the LZ design team, I really hope you get chosen because I think you would bring a really individual look to their stamps. I'm off to look at the rest of your blog now, and to see which of the stamp sets you tempt me to buy.
All the very best of luck for a design team place, but moreover, continue to enjoy your stamping and craft work, you have a special gift.
Big hugs for sharing,
Judy

Scrapper69 said...

You should totally be on their team Kate.. I've seen all your projects, even from past DT's you've been on and you're just AMAZING!!!! They'd be lucky to have you! So, I wish you the best of luck on getting on their team... I know you'll make them proud! HUGS!!!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Bobby said...

Good luck with the design team call, Kate. They'd be lucky to have you.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>