MFT Camp Create - A Week of Cards!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016
This is a looooong post with five different projects to share. I'm so excited that I was able to complete all the cards for this session's Camp Create at My Favorite Things! There is a final bonfire craft that I'm hoping to make as well, but thought I would post the rest now. My son has been away at his own camp this week and it's been so much fun for me to have my turn at "camp" as well! I really have enjoyed the instructional videos, the demonstration cards and the many wonderful cards shared on Facebook and Instagram by my fellow campers.

Monochromatic Magic




The first day of camp was Monochromatic Magic. Of all the cards I made this week, this is my least favourite. I think I need colour! Still, it was an absolutely fabulous opportunity for me to stretch myself and to work outside my box. This is the first time I used my Ewe are the Best set which I've wanted for AGES! I'm so glad it arrived in time to play! I used it again at this week's Camp Create so hold on a bit and you'll see another stamp from the set used below. (The lighter mat and "EWE" tab are actually a pale grey - although they look more white in this photo.)

Products used for my Monochromatic Magic card:





http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-12/


The next day of camp was all about Awesome Ombre. I love the way my card turned out and am especially pleased as it's perfect for sending to a male. In addition to products listed below, I also used added some sequins (retired from My Craft Spot) to finish things off.


Products used for my Awesome Ombre card:




http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-13/


Wednesday's craft was all about Remarkable Resist. I've done a bit of resist work on cards in the past, but not with a solid image. I watched the instructional video with interest and then gave things a go myself! I really like the technique and it was quite easy to do - with a fabulous effect. I'll be taking advantage of my Remarkable Resist learning in the future!


There's a bit of a shine in the photo above so you can really see the heat-embossing on the clouds. There's some Wink of Stella on the wings too!

Products used for my Remarkable Resist card:






Divine Dry Embossing

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-14/


We learned all about Divine Dry Embossing during Thursday's class. I am in LOVE with this technique! Unfortunately, I messed up the first time so I had to redo my little scene. I used a shim thinking that it would help give more definition but it cut through some parts of the frame. Anyway, I figured it all out and I am delighted with the look of the embossed frame!!


Karolyn (Thursday's counsellor) also gave a tip about blending Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed inks to create a soft green grass. I tried this out for myself and really like the look! I am so happy with the way this card turned out. It's my favourite this week.

Products used for my Divine Dry Embossing card:







Stunning Shadow Stamping

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-15/


For our final class of the week (excluding the special Farewell Bonfire), we focused on Stunning Shadow Stamping. This is also a new technique for me. I first tried using white ink for my shadow but it didn't show up very well with my lighter pink paper so I switched to Versamark before stamping with Tattered Rose. I didn't have any solid stamps from MFT and used some sweet hearts that are retired from My Craft Spot. I used the shadow stamping technique with the larger hearts and then stamped the smaller ones using Versamark only.


The banner die is also a retired product from My Craft Spot.

Products used for my Stunning Shadow Stamping card:





Thanks for joining me as I shared my creations! And thanks to MFT for hosting such a fun event!

4 comments

Lisa Lara said...

oh my goodness Kate, what a parade of perfection. I love them all.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW Kate! You got the classes down pat! Each one is so COOL... My Fav is the ombre look of course... LOVE the design! Looks like you had FUN! Can't wait to see your Bonfire Craft! :) Have a great day!

Theresa

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS....you have been busy! I LOVE all these different designs and techniques! I love the remarkable resist and the Divine Dry Embossing a my favorites..thanks for sharing!
Sherrie k

Migdalia said...

WOW!! Total CUTENESS!! I love all of the fun techniques used!! Adorable critters too!
Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>