Sending Happy Thoughts Your Way

Sunday, March 20, 2016
This week's MUSE challenge is a photo of a card created by the talented Anita Bowden. Anita used blended inking to create her card, but otherwise, I more or less copied her creation using a "smooshing" technique instead. This is the first time I have tried "smooshing" and I like the look! It was easy to do as well.


I masked a horizontal line on my card and then smooshed my card into a mixture of pink and orange ink which I had diluted on my craft mat. I then stamped my images (using retired stamps from My Craft Spot) before diluting some blue ink and adding a few splatters. After removing the mask, I stamped my sentiment (retired from My Craft Spot) and then cut the mat using Simon Says Stamp's stitched rectangle dies. I then mounted the mat on my card base using 3D foam.

6 comments

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!! :)

Ardyth said...

Love the watercoloured look of this! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how PRETTY!!! LOVE it Kate!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Neets B said...

Gorgeous interpretation of my card. I love the smooshing and the lovely blend of pink and orange.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is just lovely!

Bobby said...

I love smooshing and yours turned out great, Kate. I thought I had a lot of MCS stamps but not the ones you used today. I love that sentiment.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>