CAS Birthday Card

Friday, February 26, 2016

My talented Blogger friend, Bobby of Bits and Pieces, is fabulous at clean and simple cards and I'm always thinking that I should make more of them. I've decided that I want to try to improve in this area and figure there's no better way than to jump right into a challenge! This week at CAS-ology, the cue word is distress. I've made this card for the challenge.


I started by measuring a Stampin' Up frame and creating an offset of the oval size for my Silhouette. I also designed the file to cut out the middle portion of the oval in order to end up with a window. I then cut out the oval and embossed it. On watercolour paper, I used Stampin' Up stamps for the flowers and coloured them with Zig markers. I cut the image in order to fit behind the embossed window frame.


For the sentiment, I used a stamp from My Craft Spot and stamped it on a banner cut with a My Craft Spot die. I then embossed it with a distressed Tim Holtz brick wall folder. 

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with an Easter card.

7 comments

Scrapper69 said...

Kate your card is so pretty! I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone as well by trying my hand at more CAS cards - it's really hard for me since I like layers! LOL But, I've gotta say, this is a fabulous card - great job trying something new - you hit it out of the park my friend! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations


Bobby said...

Thanks for the shout out, Kate. For someone who doesn't usually do CAS cards, you've nailed it. It is so pretty with the embossed oval and your beautifully colored flowers. And you have Zigs. We've both come a long way from our My Craft Spot days. ;)

Sherrie M. said...

Love your window of flowers! Such a pretty card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

So pretty! I love the way you've preserved so much white space and kept it so CAS! I think i have that stamp set, uninked, upstairs - got to get it out! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful, looks so so pretty with that frame.

OH Babs said...

You nailed this CAS card - very elegant. I love the flowers peeking out of the aperature.

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!! This is so pretty Kate!! I love the pretty flowers and the colors are fantastic!
Sherrie K

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>