World Card Making Day - and My Craft Spot Design Team Call!

Friday, September 30, 2011
I read on the Cricut Blog that tomorrow (Saturday) is World Card Making Day.  They are hosting a challenge to celebrate the occasion and I just had to participate!  

My very talented blogging friend, Jayne, of Jayne Designs, recently created a fabulous candle birthday card using the Wrap It Up cartridge.  You can see her original HERE.  Norma at Pink Bling Crafter also liked the idea so much that she made a candle card, too.  You can see Norma's card HERE.  I was also completely smitten by the card and I decided to try my own take on the design as well.
I created the card by welding two images of candle shape from Wrap It Up on my Gypsy.  (I flipped one of the images.)  I then cut the image again from some patterned cardstock.  I also cut the flame from coloured cardstock.  The bottom layer of the frame was run through the Cuttlebug using my Textured Script folder.  I welded a "1" charm from George and Basic Shapes to "today" letters from Tear Drop.  I added some crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot, some gold fibre threads and made a little flower by layering some punched flowers from EK Success and adding a tiny bead and Glossy Accents to the middle.  I learned this flower technique from Nadia at With Glittering Eyes.  You can see her tutorial HERE.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My Craft Spot
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I also have VERY exciting news for you!  Kimberly at My Craft Spot is having a Design Team Call!  There are four openings available!  (Don't worry - I'm delighted to still be part of the team and will continue to showcase the fabulous products from My Craft Spot.)  If you'd like to try out for the team, please link up your project by October 10.  Here are the requirements:
  1. Your project must be new for this design team call. 
  2. You can't be currently serving on a design team that sells products similar to those of My Craft Spot (stamp sets and crinkle ribbon).
  3. You must have a blog that you update regularly. 
  4. No design team experience necessary!  :) 
  5. You must be able to commit to a 6 month term. 
  6. With the project you are submitting, please post on your blog:
    • more pictures of your project
    • instructions telling how you made your project (recipe)
    • a link back to My Craft Spot to let everyone know you are trying out for this design team!
To try out for the My Craft Spot Design Team, link up your project HERE
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    17 comments

    Sentimental Scrapper said...

    Beautiful candle card! I love the soft colors and your pretty flower!

    Kimberly

    Diane Hodrick said...

    Kate,
    This is stunning! What a fabulous idea for a special card..and I love those shaped cards....I am totally lifting this too.....thanks so much for sharing! wow!

    MiamiKel said...

    Absolutely stunning, Kate! x0x0

    Scrapper69 said...

    This turned out Fabulous Kate! I liked Jayne's and Norma's too! Yours looks wonderful.... LOVE all the details! :o)

    Theresa

    Shelly said...

    What an AWESOME card! I wish you luck and I do look forward to your designs and My craft spot challenges every week!
    Shelly

    abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

    Great card! Love the details!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ~Tammy~ said...

    Oh my gee wow this is fantastic! Another stunning impressive creation by you Miss Kate!

    Larelyn said...

    Hi Kate,
    I can see why you wanted to make this card - it's stunning. The ribbon and little flower are so adorable. Love, love, love it.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    Karen H said...

    Wow, this is GORGEOUS. Kate, you make such beautiful creations... I know I don't comment often (solely due to time constraints), but I always love your projects. This is no exception... it is positively exquisite and if I ever get this cartridge, I bet this will be the first card I make! :o) Your take is amazing.

    P.S. If you make the recipe I posted last weekend, I hope you and your loved ones enjoy it! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!
    http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

    Tara said...

    What a fabulous card! TFS
    Tara

    Norma said...

    Hi Kate, WOW!! love how this card turned out!!! Just fabulous ad love how the paper looks like wax dripping!! LOVE it. Thank you for the shout out:) This cartridge is on my wish list after seeing Jayne's card!! TFS
    Hugs

    Tracey said...

    Beautiful card Kate.......the paper is perfect, it really does create a dripping wax effect ,like Norma said.....the flower is really pretty too:)

    Jayne said...

    Your card looks fabulous Kate. Love the flower you made.
    Jayne x

    Besthobbyeva said...

    Kate this card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love it!! Great, great work.

    Glad you are still on the design team!

    Laurie

    Sherrie K. said...

    FABULOUS!!! I love it:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    Sherrie K. said...

    A couple of your posts I missed when I was on vacation so I am just going back over some that I missed...your work is awesome Kate!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    Wendy Ramlakhan said...

    Okay...seriously?!?! This has got to be the very best shaped card I have EVER seen!! Its' beautiful Kate!!

    Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
    My Craft Spot


    Powered by Blogger.
    Follow on Bloglovin

    Followers

    >