Trifle Bowl

Sunday, February 20, 2011
Serenity Scrappers is challenging crafters to create an altered project, with vinyl if possible.  I've seen a few trifle bowls fancied up with a bit of vinyl and decided to give it a go myself. 
My trifle bowl is from Pampered Chef.  I cut Bon Appétit and some leaves from Ashlyn's Alphabet.  I chose this cartridge as it has accents and I needed an accent aigu for the phrase.  (I bought Ashlyn's Alphabet especially for the accents.)  I had measured the bowl first and adjusted the letters to get a height with which I was happy.
This project would not have taken long at all, except I missed the accent when I was transferring the vinyl to the bowl.  I had wadded up the painter's tape I was using for the transfer and put it in the garbage.  When I realized that the accent was missing, I went back to the tape and quickly discovered that my daughter's cat thought I'd actually made a ball for her.  As a result, I had to get a bit of the leftover vinyl and cut another accent to use!  Both crafter and cat are happy now.

9 comments

Linda S said...

Great project! I love the bowl! Such a cute story too! I didn't realize A.A. had accents...thanks!

MiamiKel said...

WOW, Kate! This is astonishing! It is beautifully done and looks like the ones you pay big bucks for at the high end stores! NICE!! And what a cute story about your dd's cat and ball - rofl!

Kel said...

too cute!! I love it! Too funny about your cat and the vinyl ball..lol

Myra said...

LOL!!! Lovely bowl!

Besthobbyeva said...

Awesome job Kate! Thanks for playing over at SS! I am glad you go to do this. I love it, it really makes a difference. Too funny about the cat!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This looks wonderful!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

You always have the COOLEST projects!! I'm writing this idea down, I'm going to have to try this!! LOVE IT Kate!! I have some vinyl but I've never used it, now I have a reason to. :)

Rhonda Emery said...

love your bowl really pretty

Maria Elena said...

Great Job Kate !

Maria Elena ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>