Rejoice Card

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Yesterday, I received some wonderful news.  A friend with cancer just learned that she is in remission - prior to treatment!  As soon as she gave me the news, I dropped everything to make her a card.
I knew right away that I wanted to use "Rejoice" as my sentiment, but don't have any stamps that say that!  I did an online search and found just the right font used on another graphic so did some editing, stretching, and colour changing and came up with something I liked.  As my sentiment was computer generated, I then looked for a digi-frame in order to have the ink match perfectly.  I was delighted to discover Bird's Cards where there are all sorts of freebies - including the PERFECT frame for my sentiment and the look for which I was going.  I cut the oval frame and mat with my Creative Memories cutting system and also used Stampin' Up punches for the border, the corners, and the scalloped circles above and below the frame.  I embossed the white mat with my Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder.  To finish things off, I used some Chocolate Truffle crinkle ribbon from Kimberly at My Craft Spot and a button from my stash.  This is the first time I've used crinkle ribbon and I LOVE it!!  I am quite "ribbon challenged" (or just my own worst critic!!) and crinkle ribbon does not need to be even so is incredibly easy to work with.  It lends itself quite nicely to vintage creations but I have also seen Kimberly use crinkle ribbon with contemporary cards as well. 

And some more great news for one lucky follower:  Random.org chose #29 - Teri - to win my prize package for the Fantabulous Cricut "Share the Love" crawl.  Congratulations, Teri!  (Teri, please send your contact information to smallbitsofpaper at hotmail dot com and I will get your prize out to you.  You have one week to claim your prize.)

15 comments

Tracey said...

Really beautiful card Kate.......love the soft colors. The crinkle ribbon and the button are the perfect touch to finish it off, I'm sure your friend will love it. Its always great to hear when someone is in remission.

Besthobbyeva said...

What an absolutely perfect card for your friend. Such wonderful, wonderful news! Cancer affects so many lives and when we hear good news, it really does lift the spirit. Your friend will cherish this cards, as it means so much!

I think the ribbon is awesome. You did a great job with it!

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful card and you are the sweetest person. You are a great friend, I know this will cheer her up and something she can hold on to. hugs

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Kate! You did a great job with the bow! Love the colors you chose and the lacy borders.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

I just noticed that your comments are numbered. How did you do that?!?!?

Audrey Frelx said...

It is always a pleasure to hear someone with cancer is in remission!!! You made your friend a beautiful card!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Wonderful news for your friend! And this card is just gorgeous...I know your friend will love the card and you for thinking of her!
Tanya

Rhonda Emery said...

I just wanted to answer your question about binding my mini books. I use my bind it all machine on some and just rings on the rest.

Angi Barrs said...

What a BLESSING for your friend. And so sweet of you to make a card for her. The design of your card is beautiful. Love the crinkle ribbon. :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate, Beautiful card and continued prayers for your friend!

p.s. Rhonda won the Paisley! YIPPEE!

Linda Kaiser said...

Love your card and my thoughts are with you and your friend.

Linda

April said...

A very lovely and elegant card! I know your friend will love it!

Jennifer Northrup said...

Thanks for providing me with inspiration. I have an award for you on my blog - www.strivingforcreativity.blogspot.com.

Georgiana said...

This is such a lovely card. I am glad to hear about your friend. No one ever wants to go thru that experience. This card is sure to put a smile on her face and love in her heart.

Georgiana

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! What fantastic and amazing news for your friend!! And the sentiment couldn't be more PERFECT!! Thanks for sharing your digi link, I love creating my own sentiments and that frame is beautiful!! Your friend is going to love this card, it is just GORGEOUS!!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>