Thanks Snow Much Card

Monday, January 3, 2011
Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a lovely holiday.  We had a wonderful time here and are still off until later this week.  We've been quite busy over the break so it will be quite nice to have a few days at home to recuperate before getting back into the swing of things.

The weather the past few days has been quite mild and much of our snow has melted due to rain.  That didn't stop me from participating in this week's Fantabulous Cricut "snowy delights" challenge though!  We are challenging you to use your Cricut to make something with a snow theme.
I made a number of these cards to send as thank you notes for gifts I received for Christmas.  I used a Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page set to create the little white mat.  I cut a smaller piece of white cardstock and embossed it with a Sizzix snowflake folder to place on top of the mat.  To make the little tag, I used two different stamps.  I added some Glossy Accents to the "snow" on the stamped sentiment.  I then used a Stampin' Up punch to make the top of the tag and added some ribbon.  The large green snowflake was cut from Very Merry Tags (hiding the contours of the actual tag).  I then heat embossed it with UTEE.  (The colours match better in real life!)  The patterned paper is from DCWV's Holiday Stack.  I used a Creative Memories corner rounder punch for all the corners. 

I wish you all the best for the New Year.  May each one of you be richly blessed with what 2011 has to offer.

11 comments

BrendaB said...

I love your card, Kate!

Saundra said...

Love all you embossing, Kate! Have a very blessed New Year!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Very nice, and elegant. Great job.

Besthobbyeva said...

Happy New Year Kate! I am so glad you had a great holiday season!! I love, love this card. I love your choice of colors and the snowflake matt is awesome!! I the love the patterned paper. Great job!

Aimee said...

Kate that is just a gorgeous, gorgeous card. I just love the color combination you used and the technique you used on the large snowflake!

Angi Barrs said...

I love the cute little tag and the large snowflake on your card. Adorable. Happy New Year to ya!

Tracey said...

Happy New Year Kate! Fabulous card.....the green colour combinations are so pretty. Love the UTEE on the snow flake....I must try that technique. Oh and also love the new blog back ground:)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Happy New Year Kate! Great card love the colors!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so beautiful. the colors are so pretty

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful, I love the color combo!! Oh and I just realized that you changed the look of your blog. Love the sunflowers!! So pretty.

CricutLvr!! said...

Very cute card. Love the colors!! Like your new blog theme too!!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>