Thanks for OWL You Do

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
As soon as I saw the challenge at Jitterbuggin', I knew exactly what I wanted to do. We had to use a favourite Cricut bird and include some pink, and incorporate them into the sketch provided.  I've had the Stampin' Up Picture This set since last spring and have wanted to use the "Thanks for OWL you do" sentiment.  It worked perfectly for this challenge - so I finally opened up my stamp set and made use of it!  I'm really trying hard this year to use the things I've got.  I have too many unopened and unused items.
The circles on my card were cut from George and Basic Shapes.  I cut three circles - two solids and one silhouette.  The patterned papers are from DCWV's Spring Stack (I can't wait for spring!) and the cardstock pieces used were all from my scrap folder.  The owl was cut at 2 inches from Paisley and I ran the top layer through the Cuttlebug, using the argyle folder.  I then cut a branch from Create-a-Critter and embossed the leaves with a small butterfly folder.  I punched the sentiment with a Stampin' Up punch and also added another flower just like the one on the owl's wing, but with the colours reversed.  I popped the owl and branch as well.  I added some doodling and a couple of gems and added some Glossy Accents to the eyes too.

Here's the sketch:

16 comments

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Kate, this came out so great!! Love the colors and the embossing! Great stamp!

April said...

Your card is so springy looking! The owl is adorable. You did a great job! I also love the saying.

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Super cute card! I LOVE that owl... I need to use him more.

Ruthie :)

Aimee said...

LOVE your owl card. Just adorable.

Tara said...

I love how you embossed the owl, it really makes him (or is it a her?) stand out!
Tara

Angi Barrs said...

Sooooo adorable Kate. Love the embossing and that owl is too cute. :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Gorgeous!! Those papers are soooo FUN!!! Gonna have to try and find that paper pack. Super adorable!!! LOVE everything about it, especially the embossing.

Angie said...

great card, i love owls. i like the colors you used. Oh before i forget, i recied my package today. thanks again. I cant waite to use the stamps and card set. love them!

Georgiana said...

I love these colors together and your owl is perfect. Good luck with the challenge!

Georgiana

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Kate! Love the colours and your little embossed owl is so cute. Also I love the layered circles.

Linda S said...

I am your newest follower. Love the owl, the embossing and your choice of spring colours! Hope spring comes soon in Ontario!!

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh my, this is the cutest card ever. I love, love owls, this is so adorable. Bring on spring, this card says spring all over it!! Aweseome!! Good job using your stuff, we all have too much stuff!! But we NEED it!!

Charlotte said...

I love it! I can see why you knew exactly what you wanted to do. The owl, the colors, everything is sooooo cute about your card.

Charlotte said...

Kate, Congratulations on being top 3 in the Jitterbug challenge. Very well deserved!! i just absolutely love your card. It is so happy.

Also I want to thank you for the kind comments you made on my blog. They mean a lot and are very appreciated.

sucor said...

What a pretty card! Lovely color combo and adorable embossed owl!

~Tammy~ said...

I love going through when I have a few extra minutes and looking through projects I might have missed and I love love this very cheerful card! I love bright and happy color combos and this owl embossed is just too cute! I will be going back and looking at more of your wonderful work!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>