Fantabulous Cricut - Leaves Challenge

Monday, October 18, 2010
Happy Monday!
This week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog, the theme is leaves. 
I made this card using paper from a Marcella pad.  It was the first paper pad I ever bought!  I embossed the mat with my Cuttlebug, and punched the corners with a Fiskars corner punch.
I welded the leaves and shadows in Design Studio, using Ashlyn's Alphabet.  The letters are from Nursery Rhymes.  This font has only a blackout shadow feature, which I didn't care for much here, so I made an extra hole in the shadow of the "e" in Design Studio.  The leaves and letters, as well as the edges of the mat, are all inked with a gold ink which is now all over my craft table - and me!!  The border behind the letters was cut using an EK Success punch (which is the most difficult border punch I've ever used.  This was take three, and I'm still not overly happy with it).  I popped the leaves and added a bow.  (Just in case you are not sure, the word spells "merci", which is French for "thank you".)
Please hop on over to Fantabulous Cricut to see the rest of the projects by the Design Team - and add one of your own!

14 comments

Carol L said...

Kate, your card is beautiful! So, elegant... Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Carol L

Michelle said...

very beautiful! I love the layers and embossing...very pretty!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Kate this is fantabulously beautiful! Stunning!

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate, I love this card. I love the gold ink and the leaves, you did a great job!!

Linda Kaiser said...

I love this card. The colors are so soft and perfect for the design! Your work always amazes me. You are sooo talented!

Linda

Sherri said...

That's gorgeous....all the little detail is incredible!

jen said...

Kate your card is gorgeous!! The detail is so beautiful... thanks so much for sharing.
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

BrendaB said...

This is such an elegant card! I love the gold inking!

sucor said...

This is a gorgeous card! The design is great and the paper is beautiful! I love adding embossing too, I think it adds a lot.

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so beautiful. love the color.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my stars, this is beyond elegant and beautiful, Kate! Your creativity is just so wonderful to see when it hits paper - your designs and ideas just flow so well and create paper masterpieces! This is truly stunning - hugs to you!

Julie said...

Such a tasteful card,so elegant and grown up. Fabulous. Thanks for the info that you left on my blog,haven't yet had time to check out any of them,still playing with plantin. Thanks again,have a great weekend,Julie.x

Valerie said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, I love your style!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Stunning!!! STUNNING!! Love the warm colors. Such an elegant design Kate.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>