Fantabulous Cricut - Labour Day Challenge

Monday, September 6, 2010
Happy Labour Day!  I trust you are all enjoying a wonderful day off.  Here in Ontario, school starts up again tomorrow.  I hate that summer is over, but we've had such a good one with lots of family time.  Precious memories!

(Just an aside... In Canada, we love the letter "u"!  We use it in word's like labour, colour, honour, valour, savour, favour, etc.)
My sister recently had surgery to have part of her thyroid removed.  Thankfully, surgery went well and the cysts were benign.  She is recovering nicely.  For her post-op appointment, she asked me to make a card for the surgeon.  I thought this fit perfectly with our FCCB Labour Day Challenge!  Rachel sent me a picture of her surgeon, and I did my best to create a paper doll version of him.  Most of the images (including the hospital) were cut from Everyday Paper Dolls, but the hair and glasses were cut from Paper Doll Dress up and the grass was cut from Zooballoo.  I did have to trim the hair a bit!  I hand wrote Hospital, which was a big deal for me as I hate to hand write on my creations - plus, my dominant right arm is recovering from injury so my fine motor skills are causing me more grief than usual these days!

Come and join the fun at FCCB!  Your labour day creation can have anything to do with work - a particular job, a retirement, promotion, vacation from work, etc.  Just remember to create a new project and use your Cricut!

14 comments

GabyCreates.com said...

so cute!!!!
and you did a great job with the hand writing!

Stephanie said...

So cute!! What nice card for the surgeon I bet he'll love it!

Jenny B said...

fantabulous work Kate:) you are super duper craty gal!!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh gosh Kate this is adorable!! I think your handwriting looks great. I'm sure the surgeon will love it.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate! This is so cute! I love how personalized you made it!

Turnedgypsy said...

Hi Kate did you ever use that CSN store gift cert. you won on my blog. I was just wondering about that company and how you liked them.

They gave me another to giveaway and I will be drawing names tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure before I keep giving them away on my blog.

Chris
turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Denise G said...

very cute. Great work. I love the balding DR.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Kate, this is too precious and very thoughtful of you! You are truly creative with your cards! I'm sorry to hear of your sister and pray she has a very fast, safe and healthy recovery! x0x0

Tracey said...

Love your creation Kate.......those paper dolls are always so cute! I read your line about the letter "U" a few times....didn't understand at first because we like it in Australia too!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the name Rachel - that's my youngest child's name. Hope she is doing well. You did a great job with that surgeon:)

flowerdisco said...

your card is fabulous...i bet the doctor is going to get a kick out of it. tfs!

i am glad you found my tip worth it enough to give it a try. I never had a problem. i use krylon brand.

Valerie said...

What a great idea for a thank you card, very cute!! I am glad your sister is doing well:)

Georgiana said...

I bet the doctor loved the card! It is wonderful.

Georgiana
http://www.carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

this is absolutely adorable !!! He looks like most of the doctors Ive had bald and wears glasses! LOL too cute

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>