Round card

Sunday, June 13, 2010
We were invited to a surprise 40th birthday for a friend and felt I needed something a bit more than a regular card from my stash to mark the occasion.  Although I was short on time, I was able to come up with something I was happy with.
I used Design Studio to weld two 4" circles together.  I cut an extra circle to go on the front of the card, but embossed with with my Cuttlebug birthday folder before attaching.  I then cut a scalloped circle from Mini Monograms.  The patterned paper is from Stampin' Up.  I used George and Basic Shapes to cut another circle from green cardstock and then cut one from white just a bit smaller.  I embossed the white circle using Swiss Dots.  The numbers were cut using Opposites Attract using the same patterned paper that I'd used for the scalloped circle.  I also cut a shadow layer for the numbers.  I attached three tiny silver brads to the scalloped circle.  The 40 was attached using tiny pop dots and then I popped the scalloped circle onto the base.
(I realized after this photo was taken that my numbers were not on straight compared to the base of the card with embossed wording.  I did fix that up - but neglected to take another photo.  Sorry!)

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenges - one designer paper and three brads
Cute Card Thursday - anything but square
Easy Craft Projects - green (my favourite colour!)

11 comments

DonnaMundinger said...

Really pretty, Kate. Love the greens on this and the embossing looks FAB! Enjoy the party. xxD

Stephanie said...

So cute! Love the papers and the embossing!

Lauretta See said...

so very elegant :) Beautiful job with our challenge ;)) thank you for joining us this week on craft your passion. Hope we will see you often. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate, I love that it is not square! The embossing turned out great! I think I have that folder, I should use it!

Kel said...

Aweseome card. I'm a big fan of circles!! I'm a fan of embossing..heck I'm a fan of anything paper.. LOL. Great job!!

Besthobbyeva said...

Great, great job! I have that Cuttlebug folder and love it!! I love anything Cuttlebug!!! I love the colors and I love anything StampinUP!!!

Valerie said...

Kate, too cute girl!! I haven't seen the birthday embossing folder before, now I am gong to have to add it to the wish list ;)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate!
I am sending a blog award your way! Come check out my blog!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the colors on this Kate. I need to try a round card soon. You've given me inspiration.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is soooo pretty Kate!! Green is my favorite color.
I love how you used the embossing folder. I've always thought it was too overpowering, but you've used it perfectly!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Oh, and the tiny silver brads were a great touch!!

Wendy

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>